TFT patch 12.4 sees multiple changes to champions, traits and more
TFT Neon Nights has hit the PBE today and should officially drop on patch 12.4.
If you were a player that spams Academy Lux compositions, like me, those days are soon to end! Riot Games announced this morning an array of changes that will be coming to Teamfight Tactics on patch 12.4. Neon Nights is going to be the mid-set update for TFT. These changes will see over 20 new units, multiple champion trait swaps and much more.
Here is Esports.gg's breakdown for TFT's mid-set update.
Neon Nights benches mutliple units and traits
Image courtesy of leagueoflegends.fandom.com
Unfortunately for fans of the Academy trait, this is one of the traits that will be hitting the chopping block. Imperial was another trait that will sadly bite the dust in the upcoming patch. Here is the full list of champions and traits that will be replaced in TFT patch 12.4.
Garen and the protector trait will also be removed in 12.4.
The Sisters trait that was used for Arcane stars Jinx and Vi has also been removed. Both units will find shelter under a new trait.
Misc units that have also been removed
- Twisted Fate
Riot introduces multiple new traits to TFT 12.4
With a mid-set update comes a variety of new augments and units. Here is the full list of changes that are coming to TFT in 12.4.
Debonair (3/5/7) -
- Nocturne: Tier 1 Assassin
- Jarvan IV: Tier 1 Striker
- Swain: Tier 2 Arcanist
- Sejuani: Tier 2 Bruiser, Enforcer
- Lucian: Tier 3 Twinshot
- Alistar: Tier 4 Colossus
- Sivir: Tier 4 Striker
Debonair (3/5/7) -
- Brand: Tier 1 Arcanist
- Talon: Tier 2 Assassin
- Syndra: Tier 2 Scholar
- Leona: Tier 3 Bodyguard
- Draven: Tier 4 Challenger
- Zeri: Tier 5 Sniper
Striker (2/4/6) -
- Jarvan IV: Tier 1 Hextech
- Rek’Sai: Tier 2 Bruiser, Mutant
- Gnar: Tier 3 Socialite, Yordle
- Sivir: Tier 4 Hextech
- Irelia: Tier 4 Scrap
Socialite (1/2/3/5) -
- Gnar: Tier 3 Striker, Yordle
- Senna: Tier 3 Enchanter
- Seraphine: Tier 4 Innovator
- Galio: Tier 5 Bodyguard, Colossus
Rival (1) -
- Vi: Tier 4 Bruiser Enforcer
- Jinx: Tier 5 Scrap, Twinshot
Zeri makes their way to TFT patch 12.4
Not only is Zeri the newest champion on the rift at the moment but will also be a five cost unit in TFT. Zeri will join the Debonair and Sniper traits. Here is the complete rundown on what players can expect on Zeri in 12.4
- Passive - Zeri's basic attacks fire a slew of bullets in her enemy's direction, each dealing a small percentage of her attack damage as physical damage and extra bonus magic damage to the first unit hit.
- Ability - Zeri vaults to her enemy and discharges a nova of electricity, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies and increasing their mana costs before dashing back to her original position. For the next few seconds, her attacks become electrified and pierce.
- VIP bonus - When Zeri is chosen as your VIP from the shop, after she casts her Lightning Nova her attacks become electrified and pierce for the rest of combat.
TFT Neon Lights hits the PBE servers today, February 1. Neon Lights will hit the live servers early morning on February 16 with patch 12.4.
Stay tuned to Esports.gg for the latest Teamfight Tactics news and updates.
Editor | Twitter @MarnMedia
Jordan "Marn" Marney is an esports journalist from across the pond. Marn specialises in telling stories about League of Legends and Call of Duty. Marn has been a passionate esports fan since 2014 and has written for publications Unikrn, Esports Network, ESTNN and The United Stand.