Diablo 4 patch notes for July 18, 2023: A Malignant season!
Looking for the latest Diablo 4 patch notes? Look no further than this Season of the Malignant update.
We're only days into the early access period of Diablo 4 and there's already patch notes. It's not apparent yet how often Blizzard will implement balance updates. However, it's no shock to see some fine-tuning go on a mere two days before the full launch of the game.
What's most important to know in regards to updates? Bookmark this page as we update it with all future Diablo 4 patch notes from here on out.
Diablo 4 patch notes for July 18, 2023
New Unique Items and Legendary Aspects
Ahavarion Spear of Lycander (Uber Unique Staff – World Tier 4): Gain a random Shrine effect for 10-20 seconds after killing an Elite enemy. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.
Developer’s Note: Ahavarion Spear of Lycander is an extremely rare drop. We wish you luck in recovering it from the armies of the Burning Hells.
- Azurewrath (Unique Sword): Lucky Hit - Your Core Skills have up to a 20% chance to Freeze enemies for 3 seconds and deal 0.75-1.5 Cold damage to them.
- Fleshrender (Unique One-Hand Mace): Debilitating Roar and Blood Howl deal 0.5-1.0 damage to Nearby Poisoned enemies.
- Lidless Wall (Unique Shield): Lucky Hit - While you have an active Bone Storm, hitting an enemy outside of a Bone Storm has up to a 5-25% chance to spawn an additional Bone Storm at their location. Each of your active Sacrifice bonuses increases the chance by 25% and the total number of additional Bone Storms you can have by +1.
- Eaglehorn (Unique Bow): Penetrating Shot has a 30-80% chance to fire an arrow that bounces off walls and scenery. Hitting enemies from behind with Penetrating Shot will make them Vulnerable for 3 seconds.
- The Oculus (Unique Wand): Gain the effect of the Teleport Enchantment for free. When you Evade using Teleport Enchantment, you are taken to a random location.
- Audacity (Utility Aspect): When there are at least 5 Close enemies, Stun them for 2-4 seconds. This can only occur once every 20 seconds.
- Craven (Mobility Aspect): You gain 20-40% increased Movement Speed when moving away from Slowed or Chilled enemies.
- Ancestral Charge (Offensive Aspect): Charge calls forth 4 Ancients who also Charge, dealing 50-100% of normal damage.
- Subterranean (Offensive Aspect): Poison Creeper’s active also casts Landslide in a circle around you. Earth Skills deal 10-20% increased damage to Poisoned enemies.
- Gore Quills (Offensive Aspect): Blood Lance will consume Blood Orbs to also conjure lances from them. Each additional Blood Lance deals 20-50% of normal damage and prioritizes targeting un-lanced enemies.
- Pestilent Points (Offensive Aspect): Every third cast of Puncture is Poison Imbued with 100-150% of normal potency.
- Searing Wards (Offensive Aspect): After spending 200-100 Mana your next Firewall is free to cast and will destroy incoming Small Missiles.
- Altar of Lilith Unlocks are now account wide.
- Map discovery is now account wide.
- Whispers will no longer reward Sigil Dust.
- Overall loot quality has been significantly improved for Silent Chests.
- The channel time for the Leave Dungeon ability has been increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
- We have generally reduced the tendency for many monsters to move around in combat, so that melee characters don't have to chase down their enemies as much.
- Added PS5 Dual Sense Edge Wireless controller support for PC.
World Tier - Diablo 4 patch notes
- World Tier II has had the following bonuses added:
- Bonus Gold: Increased from 15% to 20%.
- Monsters now drop 15% more items.
Oh, thank Lilith--having Alts now doesn't feel as punishing. The Altars now being account-wide feels like a real quality-of-life change. Likewise, map discovery now being across all characters is a boon.
- Level scaling inside dungeons and most overworld territories has been adjusted in World Tiers III and IV. Monsters will begin to trail behind the player in Level after a certain point (up to a maximum of 5 Levels behind). This change does not affect World Bosses, Legion Events, Fields of Hatred, Helltide, or Nightmare Dungeons.
- Reward experience for completing Whispers in World Tiers III and IV has been significantly increased.
Developer’s Note: We have observed that the experience bonus rewarded for killing higher level monsters escalates too fast when compared to the relative challenge involved. We still want to reward players for taking on this challenge by encouraging them to participate in powerleveling together instead of one player killing enemies while another member of their Party waits at the dungeon’s entrance.
Helltide - Diablo 4 patch notes
Developer’s Note: We're looking to increase the danger in Helltide's risk-reward gameplay by making the monsters a bit more challenging and the Tortured Gift of Mysteries harder to open.
- Helltide monsters are now 3 Levels higher than the player instead of 2.
- The Tortured Gift of Mysteries chest has had its cost increased to 250 Aberrant Cinders from 175.
- All interactable objects in Helltide zones now have a small chance of dropping Aberrant Cinders.
Class Updates - Diablo 4 patch notes
- Violent Double Swing Vulnerable duration increased from 1 to 2 seconds.
- Furious Upheaval damage bonus per stack increased from 3% to 5%.
- Power Charge Cooldown reduction is now capped to 3 targets, for a maximum of 9 seconds of Cooldown reduction.
- Tactical Ground Stomp Fury gain increased from 25 to 40.
- Enhanced Death Blow's damage bonus to Bosses increased from 100% to 150%.
- The Enhanced Steel Grasp Vulnerable duration increased from 2.5 to 3 seconds.
- Enhanced Rupture damage increased from 30% to 45%.
- Warrior’s Rupture Attack Speed bonus increased from 20% to 30%, and duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds.
- Fighter’s Rupture healing increased from 15% to 18% Maximum Life.
- Hamstring now only Slows Healthy enemies, and Slow amount increased from 10/20/30% to 20/40/60%.
- Cut to the Bone Bleeding damage bonus to Vulnerable reduced from 6/12/18% to 5/10/15%.
- Wrath Glyph's bonus now affects all damage instead of just Core Skills.
- Relentless Berserker's Aspect Berserking duration increased from 1 to 2 seconds.
- Battle-Mad Aspect Beserking duration increased from 1-2.5 to 2-3.5 seconds.
- Brawler's Aspect damage increased from 1-1.3 to 1.5-1.8.
- Aspect of Burning Rage damage increased from .08-.14 to .22-.28.
- Aspect of the Iron Warrior Damage Reduction increased from 15-25% to 18-28%.
- Slaking Aspect Lucky Hit Chance increased from 30-50% to 40-60%.
- Aspect of Ancestral Echoes Lucky Hit Chance increased from 40-50% to 50-60%.
- Weapon Master's Aspect Lucky Hit Chance increased from 32-50% to 37%-55%.
- Gohr's Devastating Grips now explodes every 2 seconds or after it ends, and its hit cap has been removed.
- Fields of Crimson Bleeding damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%.
As a recent convert to the "smashy smashy" class, all these changes feel appropriate and in-line with tamping down the power ramp without making Barbarians feel weaker.
- Enhanced Claw Attack Speed bonus increased from 10% to 15%.
- Stormstrike Damage Reduction reduced from 25% to 15%.
- Boulder damage increase from 33% to 46%.
- Savage Trample Spirit gain increased from 20 to 40.
- Prime Lacerate healing increased from 3% to 5%.
- Cataclysm Lightning damage increased from 64% to 77%, and Tornado damage from 19% to 23%.
- Supreme Cataclysm Vulnerable duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds.
- Prime Cataclysm duration increased from 2 to 4 seconds.
- Prime Grizzly Rage now grants Unstoppable for 6 seconds instead of while active.
- Provocation threshold required for guaranteed Overpower reduced from 35/30/25 to 24/20/16 seconds.
- Masochistic now also requires a Lucky Hit chance of 75%.
- Prickleskin Thorns increased from .1 to .15.
- Iron Feather Maximum Life increased from 10% to 14%.
- Bolster Fortify increased from 10% to 15% of Maximum Life.
- Overload damage increased from .2 to .25.
- Spirit Glyph's bonus now affects all damage instead of just Core Skills.
- Aspect of the Calm Breeze Lucky Hit chance increased from 5-10% to 7-12%.
- Balanced Aspect Maximum Spirit increased from 30-50 to 60-80.
- Aspect of the Tempest damage bonus increased from 7-15% to 10-18%.
- Skinwalker's Aspect healing increased from .05-.1 to .07-.12.
- Symbiotic Aspect Cooldown reduction reduced from 4-8 to 3-5.
- Aspect of the Stampede damage bonus increased from 10-20 to 16-26%.
- Shepherd's damage bonus increased from 6-8% to 6-10%.
- Insatiable Fury Werebear Skill Ranks increased from 2 to 3.
- Mad Wolf's Glee Werewolf Skill Ranks increased from 2 to 3.
Werewolf buffs are nice, which also seems to come along with an increase in power for the melee side of things overall. While there's a lot of changes in the Diablo 4 patch notes this time that feel special, the Druid changes mostly just feel like cleanup.
Necromancer - Diablo 4 patch notes
- Initiate’s Decompose Slow increased from 30% to 50%.
- Paranormal Sever casts required for Vulnerable reduced from 4 to 3.
- Enhanced Blood Surge Healing increased from 2.5% to 3% of Maximum Life.
- Enhanced Blood Lance damage reduction for piercing reduced from 15% to 10%.
- Bone Prison initial Essence gained increased from 15 to 25.
- Abhorrent Iron Maiden healing increased from 5% to 7% of Maximum Life.
- Golems move faster and unhindered through enemies when their Cooldown is activated.
- Supreme Blood Wave leaves behind Blood Orbs earlier in its path.
- Raise Skeleton, Corpse Explosion, and Corpse Tendrils range for auto-targeting Corpses on mouse and keyboard increased by 50%.
- The Raise Skeleton Skeletal Priest bonus damage increased from 20% to 30%.
- Raise Skeleton Skeletal Priest healing increased from 10% to 15%.
- Evulsion bonus damage to Vulnerable reduced from 6/12/18% to 5/10/15%.
- Transfusion Minion healing increased from 15/30/45% to 20/40/60%.
- Drain Vitality Lucky Hit Chance increased from 25% to 30%.
- Amplify Damage increased from 3/6/9% to 4/8/12%.
Book of the Dead
- Necromancer's minions will now automatically re-summon after respawning during a World Boss fight.
- Skeleton Warrior Defenders Upgrade Thorns inherited increased from 40% to 50%.
- Shadow Skeleton Mage Upgrade attacks required for an additional shadow bolt reduced from 5 to 4.
- Bone Skeleton Mage Upgrade Fortify amount increased from 11% to 20%.
- Iron Golems Upgrade attacks required for Slam attack reduced from 5 to 4.
- Essence Glyph's bonus now affects all damage instead of just Core Skills.
- Splintering Aspect Bone Shard damage bonus reduced from 50-100% to 30-60%.
- Aspect of Plunging Darkness bonus damage increased from 50-100% to 75-125%.
- Coldbringer's Aspect blizzard cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds.
- Aspect of Hungry Blood chance to fire a Blood Lance increased from 10-20% to 13-23%.
- Blood-soaked Aspect damage increased from .15-.2 to .24-.31.
- Aspect of Ultimate Shadow damage increased from .16-.22 to .43-.48.
- Aspect of Grasping Veins Critical Strike Damage bonus reduced from 30-60% to 20-40%.
- Osseous Gale Aspect bonus Bone Storm duration increased from 4-8 to 5-10 seconds.
- Aspect of the Damned damage bonus increased from 30-40% to 40-50%.
- Blood-bathed Aspect Echo damage reduction reduced from 70-60% to 60-50%.
- Aspect of Reanimation Skeletons damage bonus increased from 20-30% to 30-40%.
- Bloodless Scream Essence gained increased from 2-5 to 7-10.
- Deathless Visage damage increased from .25-.35 to .28-.38.
MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. MORE BONES FOR THE... UH... BONE LORD?
- Advanced Rapid Fire duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
- Caltrops cast speed increased by 15%.
- Enhanced Cold Imbue Lucky Hit Chance increased from 30% to 40%.
- Damage bonus for Enhanced Smoke Grenade increased from 15% to 20%.
- Methodical Dash maximum Cooldown reduction increased from 3 to 4 seconds.
- Concealment Stealth duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds.
- Enhanced Dark Shroud's chance to not be consumed increased from 10% to 14%.
- Supreme Death Trap Cooldown reduction increased from 10 to 12 seconds.
- Victimize Lucky Hit Chance increased from 30% to 35%.
- Siphoning Strikes now also requires a Lucky Hit chance of 75%.
- Rugged Damage Reduction against Damage over Time effects increased from 5/10/15 to 6/12/18.
- Mending Obscurity healing per second while Stealthed increased from 3/6/9% to 4/8/12%.
- Aftermath Energy restored increased from 25/50/75 to 30/60/90.
- Combat Glyph's bonus now affects all damage instead of just Core Skills.
- Eldritch Bounty Legendary Node duration increased from 6 to 9 seconds.
- Preparation's Ultimate Cooldown reduction increased from 4 to 5 seconds.
- Aspect of Volatile Shadows damage increased from .1075-.193 to .2-.27.
- Icy Alchemist's Aspect Chill increased from 15% to 25%.
- Shadowslicer Aspect damage increased from 25-35% to 80-100%.
- Toxic Alchemist's damage increased from 0.080-0.13 to .11-.16.
- Vengeful Aspect Lucky Hit Chance increased from 30-50% to 40-60%.
- Aspect of Imitated Imbuements duration increased from 5 to 9 seconds.
- Stolen Vigor Aspect healing increased from .02-.06 to .04-.08.
- Aspect of Lethal Dusk Life of Kill duration increased from 4 to 6 seconds.
- Noxious Ice Aspect bonus damage increased from 10-25% to 14-29%.
- Aspect of Elusive Menace Dodge chance increased from 1-5% to 3-7%.
- Skyhunter's Energy gain increased from 15-25 to 20-30.
- Grasp of Shadow Lucky Hit Chance increased from 20-30% to 24-34%.
The biggest changes come in the form of the Legendary Aspects, which see damage and duration increases overall.
Sorcerer - Diablo 4 patch notes
- Enhanced Charged Bolts damage increased from 24% to 30%, and now benefits from Skill Ranks.
- Destructive Charged Bolts Damage Reduction increased from 20% to 25%.
- Destructive Incinerate Damage Reduction increased from 20% to 25%.
- Ice Blades cast clean up has been tightened, allowing players to act after its cast sooner.
- Firebolt initial damage increased from 10% to 18%.
- Wizard's Firewall maximum increased Mana Regeneration increased from 25% to 35%.
- Wizard's Blizzard Core Skill Mana cost reduction increased from 10% to 20%.
- Supreme Deep Freeze Cooldown Reduction increased from 50% to 100%.
- Elemental Dominance now also affects Mastery Skills instead of just Core Skills.
- Potent Warding duration increased from 3 to 9 seconds.
- Protection Barrier duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds.
- Align the Elements Damage Reduction per second increased from 1/2/3 to 3/6/9.
- Mana Shield Damage Reduction increased from 5/10/15% to 7/14/21%.
- Devouring Blaze bonus Critical Strike damage reduced from 10/20/30% to 7/14/21%.
- Devouring Blaze bonus Critical Strike damage to Immobilized reduced from 25/50/75% to 10/20/30%.
- Fiery Surge Mana Regeneration increased from 10/20/30% to 15/30/45%.
- Destruction Glyph now affects all damage instead of just Core Skills.
- Spark Enchantment chance to form Crackling Energy increased from 10% to 14%.
- Frozen Orb Enchantment chance to be cast increased from 20% to 30%.
- Incinerate Enchantment cooldown reduced from 18 to 14 seconds.
- Hydra Enchantment Mana threshold reduced from 300 to 200.
- Aspect of Efficiency Mana cost reduction increased from 10-20% to 15-25%, and now also affects Mastery Skills.
- Armageddon Aspect damage increased from .205-.25 to .35-.4.
- Aspect of Shattered Stars damage increased from .15-.2 to .2-.25.
- Serpentine Aspect Hydra duration reduction reduced from 30-20% to 20-10%.
- Glacial Aspect Ice Spikes bonus damage to Frozen reduced from 25% to 15%.
- Glacial Aspect Ice Spikes damage increased from .2-.3 to .25-.35.
- Aspect of the Frozen Tundra Ice Spikes damage increased from .25-.35 to .3-.4.
- Frozen Wake Aspect Ice Spikes damage increased from .2-.3 to .25-.35, and Chill increased from 10% to 15%.
- Aspect of Biting Cold chance to apply Vulnerable to Frozen enemies increased from 25-35% to 30-40%.
- Encased Aspect Life and Mana restore per second increased from 10-20% to 20-30%.
- Stable Aspect chance for a free cast increased from 5-10% to 7-12%.
- Aspect of Splintering Energy chance to spawn an additional Lightning Spear increased from 11-20% to 41-50%.
- Aspect of the Unbroken Tether chance for additional Chain Lightning chains increased from 25-35% to 30-40%.
- Gloves of the Illuminator Fireball damage reduction reduced from 65-75% to 55%-65%.
- Esu's Heirloom Critical Strike Chance from Movespeed increased from 15-25% to 20-30%.
- Esadora's Overflowing Cameo chance to release a lightning nova increased from 10% to 15%.
Despite having multiple builds that sort of explode everything around you, Sorcerers have still felt weak. Here's hoping this helps balance the power out more efficiently.
Diablo 4 patch notes for June 3, 2023
- Damage Reduction gained from Skill Ranks reduced from 4% to 2%
Legendary Aspect Changes
Bold Chieftain's Aspect
- Cooldown reduction per Nearby enemy reduced from 2.7-5.4 seconds to 1.0-1.9 seconds.
- Maximum Cooldown reduction from 12 to 6 seconds.
Aspect of the Dire Whirlwind
- Increased Critical Strike Chance per second reduced from 5-10% to 3-8%.
- Maximum Critical Strike Chance bonus reduced from 20-40% to 9-24%.
Gohr's Devastating Grips
- Explosion damage gained from Whirlwind reduced from 50-70% to 16-26%.
- Damage against wreckable objects no longer increases explosion damage.
- Explosion damage is only increased by the first 100 hits of Whirlwind.
One of the things Blizzard talked about for this pre-release patch was reigning in some of the strength of the game's most powerful builds. As the blog post states, "While we want players to both feel and be truly powerful, some Class builds and synergies are outside of our bounds for what is reasonable for the health of the game, so we are reducing their effectiveness."
This goes along with the best Barbarian builds, which provide exceptional damage reduction while also pumping out a ton of Critical Strike hits. Aspect of the Dire Whirlwind is especially seeing a massive hit with its bonus reduction.
- Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 33% to 25%.
- Damage increased from 32% to 40%.
- Maximum extended duration from kills reduced from 10 to 5 seconds.
- Kills required for bonus increased from 10 to 20.
Calm Before the Storm
- Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 15% to 10%.
- Damage bonus increased from 5/10/15% to 6/12/18%.
Legendary Aspect Changes
- Damage reduced from 90-130% to 60-100%.
- Critical Strike Damage reduced from 40-50% to 30-40%.
Lightning Dancer's Aspect
- Flat damage increased from .5-.6 to .7-.8.
Werebear fans, beware: You're seeing the biggest hits. Which, if we're being honest--and coming from a Druid main--feels weird, given that the bear skills feel the weakest in the class. As with Barbarian we're seeing a lot of percentage tweaks in this set of Diablo 4 patch notes. Passives will especially be on the slate for adjustment. Therefore, don't be shocked if we see more tuning like this in the coming weeks.
Diablo 4 patch notes: Necromancer
- Damage increased from 67.5% to 80%.
Army of the Dead
- Damage increased from 30% to 45%.
- Cooldown reduced from 90 to 70 seconds.
- Damage increased from 90% to 120%.
- Damage increased from 20% to 22%.
- Essence gained reduced from 3/6/9 to 2/4/6.
- Critical Strike Chance reduced from .5/1/1.5% to .3/.6/.9%.
- Maximum Minion Life lost in a single damage instance reduced from 75/60/45% to 60/45/30%.
- Skeleton Warrior attack damage increased by 10%.
- Golem attack damage increased by 10%.
- Life drain damage for Blood Golem increased from 40% to 90%.
- Blood Golem Life drain healing from enemies hit increased from 4% to 5%.
- Slam damage for Iron Golem increased from 25% to 175%.
- Iron Golem shockwave damage increased from 30% to 40%.
Necromancer Paragon Board Changes
- Golem Life and damage bonus increased from 30% to 40% Life.
- Damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%.
A buff! Considered one of the weaker classes during the Diablo 4 beta, the Necromancer is seeing damage increases across this board. This includes some pretty major increases for the Blood spec, with the core skill Blood Lance seeing a sizable jump in damage.
- Advanced Twisting Blades Cooldown reduction per enemy hit reduced from .25 to .1 seconds.
- Advanced Twisting Blades maximum Cooldown reduction reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
- Damage increased from 24% to 30%.
- Damage Reduction per shadow gained from Skill Ranks reduced from .8% to .4%.
- Enhanced Dash Critical Strike Damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
- Damage increased from 30% to 40%.
- Critical Strike Chance reduced from 5/10/15% to 4/8/12%.
Legendary Affix Changes
- Maximum Minion Life lost in a single damage instance reduced from 75/60/45% to 60/45/30%.
While seeing a lot of passive tuning for Critical Damage, Rogues are seeing a lot of improvements. Rapid Fire and Caltrops--core parts of the Rogue kit--will see a nice leap in percentage based damage for a class that already feels pretty balanced.
Diablo 4 patch notes: Sorcerer
- Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 30% to 14%.
- Glinting Arc Lash Cooldown reduction reduced from .25 to .15 seconds.
- Shimmering Teleport’s Damage Reduction duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.
Legendary Affix Changes
Aspect of Control
- Bonus damage reduced from 30-40% to 25-35%.
The fewest class changes in this Diablo 4 patch notes set, spellslingers are seeing a massive Lucky Hit Chance reduction. Keep that in mind if you're of the Arc Lash persuasion, but otherwise nothing too much to concern yourselves with.
Stay tuned to esports.gg for esports news and Diablo 4 updates.