Muerta gets buffed in surprise update to the new Dota 2 hero
Muerta, the gunslinging, death-dealing revenant of Dota 2 today saw some tweaks and buffs to make her more natural in the Carry role.
Muerta, Dota 2’s latest hero might only be a few weeks out from her release, but IceFrog and Valve have decided she needed a buff. Released in a surprise patch a few hours ago (March 17), Muerta’s Base Attack speed, talents, and R ability have been buffed.
These were initially just posted in game without notice, but a day after the release, a social post about the changes was posted by Wykrhm Reddy.
Full patch notes on the changes are available through the Steam tracking for Dota 2, but just in case you missed them, we’ll post them below:
- Base Attack Time improved from 1.7s to 1.6s
- Dead Shot Ricochet Fear Duration decreased from 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0s to 1.0/1.2/1.4/1.6s
- Pierce the Veil Duration increased by 0.35s to account for Transform Duration
- Pierce the Veil Bonus Attack Damage increased from 50/75/100 to 50/100/150
- Level 25 Talent +20% Gunslinger Chance replaced with The Calling Summons 2 additional revenants
- Level 20 Talent The Calling Summons 2 additional revenants replaced with Talent +20% Gunslinger Chance
- Level 15 Talent +25 Damage increased to +35 Damage
The aim of these changes seems clear: Make Muerta a top-tier carry hero. The Base Attack Time change, the buff to Pierce the Veil duration, and the reshuffling of Talents definitely help the hero feel a little more impactful. They’re small changes, but they do already help the hero feel better in the carry role.
What was wrong with Muerta?
Muerta released as a perfectly serviceable carry, but definitely not a top-tier pick. Perhaps because of the fact Muerta was a ranged hero who followed a similar build path, she was compared unfavorably to the likes of Lina and Nature’s Prophet, who dominated the 7.32d patch.
As a result, Muerta just didn’t quite feel as good as a carry on release when compared to many of the other heroes in the meta. These buffs have now meant that Muerta can better fill the role she’s meant to and carry games single-handedly.
For more Dota 2 news and info, keep your eyes locked to esports.gg
Editor | Twitter @hoffasaurusx
Michael is a UK-based content creator who caught the esports bug in 2010, but took eight years to figure out he should write about it. Throwing away a promising career in marketing and PR, he now specialises in MOBAs, covering League of Legends, Dota 2, and esports in general since 2019. When not glued to tournaments taking place on the other side of the globe, he spends time nurturing an unhealthy addiction to MMOs and gacha games.