The Rainbow Six Siege Error 3-0x0001000b is one of the more irritating errors to come across. Thankfully, there’s quite a few fixes for this error.
Rainbow Six Siege Error 3-0x0001000b is a common problem that comes up whenever the client gets disconnected from the server. If you see this error, there is a higher likelihood there is an ongoing maintenance for R6. Here are a few steps to follow to fix the Rainbow Six Siege Error 3-0x0001000b.
What causes the Rainbow Six Siege Error 3-0x0001000b?
The most likely reason for the error message is missing or broken game files. It could also be due to a faulty connection or a Ubisoft server problem. If it is a server problem, you don't really have an option but to wait it out. However, in the event it is something that can be fixed, we got you covered. Regardless of the reason, the error prevents players from logging in and playing matches.
How to fix Rainbow Six Siege Error 3-0x0001000b?
We often get the advice that we should restart our computer for any major problem. There’s usually no harm in trying this method first, so we will recommend this.
Switch off your computer and your Router. Disconnect the power cords and then reinsert them. Now start your Computer and check if the problem has been resolved.
Check Internet Connection
One of the common reasons for various R6 errors is a poor connection. If you are using a wifi connection to play, we highly recommend to use an Ethernet cable. Not only is there a high chance it will solve the Rainbow Six Siege Error 3-0x0001000b but it will almost certainly improve your playing experience.
Verify Integrity of Game Files
One of the common quick fixes for any game error on Steam is to verify the integrity of game files. This step allows Steam to check for any missing or corrupted files and then re-download them. Here’s a step-by-step process on how to verify the integrity of game files.
Change the default DNS server to Google DNS
You can also check if it’s a connection issue that is causing the problem. Here’s how you can change the default DNS server to Google DNS.
- Press Windows+R button on your PC
- Enter ncpa.cpl to open the network options
- Right-click on your connection and go to properties
- Once inside properties, scroll to the IPV4 option and then click on properties.
- Under the ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ enter the following data
- Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Click OK wherever applicable.
Check Windows Firewall Settings
- Search for Windows Security App
- Go to Firewall and Network Protection
- Click on Allow an app through Firewall
- Search for Rainbowsix.exe amongst the options
- Make sure Rainbowsix.exe is allowed on both Private and Public networks.
- Click OK and Apply wherever needed.
These steps should fix your Rainbow Six Siege Error 3-0x0001000b. There are times, however, when the error is triggered by server-side problems. ANd in these cases, you have no other option than to just wait. Usually server-side problems are fixed in a matter of three to four hours at the max.